Texas Laparoscopic Consultants, a partner of Nobilis Health, offers a comprehensive program that serves as a guide throughout your weight loss journey. Our program is designed to help you long-term, providing you with assistance and support before your surgery, through to your procedure, and after your surgery with proper diet and exercise programs.
ALL-NATURAL Way to REVERSE the Damaging Effects of a Fatty Liver
Spade Nutrition - Elite Weight Loss Supplements
We make this commitment of assistance to you because we care about helping you successfully attain your goals and get on the road to better health and a slimmer physique. In so doing, we ask that you also make a commitment to us. Please be sure to follow our recommendations before and after surgery in order to minimize the risk of complications and help to ensure a successful outcome.
Patient Eligibility Criteria for our practice is based on the candidacy guidelines established by the National Institute of Health. These include:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or greater, with or without comorbidities (conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea, and/or others related to severe obesity)
- BMI greater than 35 with comorbidities
- Commitment to permanent lifestyle changes, including exercise
- Willingness to commit to treatment and long-term follow-up
- Proof that you have tried non-surgical weight loss methods and have failed to achieve significant results
- Family and social environment that is supportive
- Accepting of operative and medical risks
- Demonstrates sufficient ability to understand the surgery, potential complications, and associated lifestyle changes that will need to occur
BMI Weight Status
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 – 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 – 29.9
- BMI 30 – 34.9
- BMI 35 – 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 – 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
*** The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has recently changed the guidelines for LAP-BAND® Adjustable Gastric Banding surgery that makes many more people eligible for the procedure. The new recommendation lowers the eligibility requirement for the LAP-BAND® System to include candidates with a BMI of 30 to 35, as long as they have at least one comorbidity linked to obesity. Our team at Texas Laparoscopic Consultants will be happy to talk about these new changes with you.
Watch Our Online Seminar Now
Interested in learning more about weight loss surgery? We are convenient online educational programs called Emmi. Click the image below to get started.
Schedule a Consultation
Interested in starting your weight loss journey? Please contact us to schedule a consultation.
This content was originally published here.